A Section 18 Emergency Exemption for the use of Endigo ZC for control of rice stink bug in rice has been authorized for the 2022 growing season. See the Endigo ZC Section 18 Label and Documentation.
Rice stink bug numbers and control with lambda have varied greatly this year and depending on where you are in the state. In our assay work with lambda, we have rarely exceeded 65% control with a 1X rate; and no benefit has been observed for going above 1X.
With the limited amount of alternative products available, we applied for a Section 18 for Endigo ZC in May and received the approval today, July 28. Many folks are already familiar with Endigo ZC due to the Section 18 last summer.
Our experience with this product has been good, and we typically see upwards of 14 days of control. Below are highlights around the Section 18 and Endigo ZC. If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out and contact us.
Endigo ZC Highlights:
- Approved from July 27 to October 15.
- Rate range is 4.5-6.0 oz (we prefer 5.0 oz).
- Maximum of 18.5 fl oz / year.
- Minimum interval of 5 days between applications.
- Pre-harvest interval (PHI) is 21 days.
- Area within 100 feet of the edge of field must be kept free of flowering weeds.