The Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board and the Arkansas Corn & Grain Sorghum Board will host the 2017 Corn, Grain Sorghum and Soybean Producer Conference on two dates and two locations: Thursday, February 9, at the Dumas Community Center and Friday, February 10 at the ASU Student Community Center in Newport.
The conference will feature talks from research and industry experts and will cover topics including marketing, irrigation, technology, crop insurance, weed management and more. Each event will also feature a spray school taught by Jason Davis, application technologist with the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture.
The complete agenda includes:
- Irrigation Water Management – Chris Henry, University of Arkansas and Jason Krutz, Mississippi State University
- Price Risk Management and Market Outlook – Billy Herrington, Price Risk Management Group
- Crop Insurance – Chris McCray, Silveus Crop Insurance
- New Genetic Weed Technology – Bob Montogomery, Monsanto Xtend Systems, Chad Brewer and Scott Wright, Dow Enlist System and John Schultz, BASF Engenia System
- Year Outlook on the Growing Season – Jason Kelley and Jeremy Ross
There is no charge to attend and this event is open to Arkansas producers and those interested in the Arkansas agriculture industry. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, registration begins at 8 a.m. and the event begins at 8:30 a.m. The event will conclude at 2:00 p.m.
For more information about the 2017 Corn, Grain Sorghum and Soybean Producer Conference, visit TheMiracleBean.com.