University of Missouri Extension offers farm families, individuals and businesses workshops in January and February to help with succession, estate and retirement planning.
“Your Farm, Your Business, Your Future” includes four workshops on Tuesdays from 6 to 9 p.m. at various locations.
“This class helps owners of farms and small businesses begin creating a plan for transferring a farm or business to the next generation, as well as addressing the many issues involved with estate and retirement planning,” says Darla Campbell, MU Extension agricultural business specialist.
Campbell and other experienced MU Extension specialists lead discussions on setting goals, assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a farm or business, the probate process in Missouri, estate planning tools, calculating retirement needs, and more.
Preregister by Jan. 20. Cost is $120 per individual. There is a $60 fee for each additional person from the same business. Campbell says one set of materials is provided to groups.
The cost includes a handbook that contains case study examples, and forms for planning, developing financial statements and record keeping. The fee also includes a light dinner.
For more information, contact Campbell at 660-457-3469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The weekly sessions will be held Jan. 24-Feb. 14 at the following locations:
- Scotland County Memorial Hospital, 450 E. Sigler Ave., Memphis.
- MU Extension Center in Cooper County, 510 Jackson Road, Suite A, Boonville.
- Bowling Green Elementary School computer lab, S. 6th St., Bowling Green.
- Royal Inn Pizza, Pasta and Subs, 750 S. Washington St., Chillicothe.
- Memorial Auditorium, lower level, 500 E. Locust St., Union.