Weather conditions in most areas of Georgia this week call for temperature lows in the low 30s and 40s to highs in the high 50s to low 60s with a slight chance of precipitation today. The most southern parts of the state will have the warmer end of the readings for this week.
Demand is good for the export, domestic and retail gift-pack business. Offerings were very light at the delivery buying points. Most of the lots were comprised of Blends with very few Improved Varieties hitting the market this week. Rain and wet conditions in the orchards have curtailed harvest and most growers are trying to finish up with the third pass through.
Buyers for the export trade are still looking for export quality pecans to be shipped in January. Small lots of Blends with 43-54.2% meat yield (nut count under 70) sold in wide a range of about $5.20-6.16 per point. Large lots of Blends with 48-52% meat yield (nut count under 70) sold in a wide range of about $5.38-5.97 per point. B grade and cracked lots sold well however prices are only reported for generally good quality in-shell pecans.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon Tuesday, December 15, through late afternoon Tuesday, December 20, 2016) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cape Fear (deliveries light) yard tree lots 200-225
- Desirables (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 200-225
- Elliott (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 170-175
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 130-140
- Schley (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 170-175
- Seedlings (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 100-130 mostly 110-120 fair quality lower
- Stuart (deliveries very light) 48% or better meat yield 275, yard tree lots 130-170 mostly 150-160
- Sumner (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
Lots in excess of 20,000 pounds including trailer loads:
- Stuart (deliveries very light) 48% or better meat yield 257-275
- Schley (deliveries very light) 58% meat yield 305