The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Guadalupe County will present a Field Crops Update Program Nov. 14 in Seguin.
The program will be from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the AgriLife Extension office, 210 E. Live Oak St.
Registration will be from 8:30-9 a.m. with presentations to follow. The cost is $15, and lunch is included.
Program topics and speakers will be:
- Sugarcane Aphid Trial Results and Row Crop Integrated Pest Management, Robert Bowling, AgriLife Extension entomologist, Corpus Christi.
- Pollinators and Pollinator Management, Bowling.
- Row Crop Weed Control Options and Product Update, Josh McGinty, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Corpus Christi.
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Travis Franke, AgriLife Extension agent for agriculture and natural resources, Guadalupe County.
- Variety update by seed company representatives.
The program offers three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one integrated pest management, one laws and regulations and one general.
Attendees are requested to RSVP by Nov. 10 to ensure an accurate lunch count.
To RSVP and for more information, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Guadalupe County at 830-379-1972.