The weather forecast for the upcoming week in South Georgia projects low temperatures in the upper 50s to upper 60s, highs in the upper 60s to upper 80s, and a chance of precipitation every day, with Sunday, November 8, having the greatest chance at 50 percent.
The weather forecast this week in Central and North Georgia projects low temperatures in the mid-40s to mid-60s, highs in the low 50s to low 80s, and a chance of precipitation every day, with Saturday, November 7, having the greatest chance at 80-90 percent.
Buying interest is active for export quality pecans and for good quality pecans. For the wholesale and gift pack trade demand is stronger as the holiday season approaches. Very light sales were reported this week.
Blends in both small and large lots sold for about $4.50-4.60 per point for generally good quality pecans with meat yields of 50% or better. Blends with meat yields of 45% sold for about $4.00-4.10 per point and lots with 40-43% meat yields sold for about $3.72-4.05 per point. Schley Blends sold for about $4.50-4.60 per point with 56% meat yield and about $3.90-4.10 per point with meat yields of 43-47%. Stuart Blends sold for about $3.98-4.00 per point for meat yields of 43-45%. (To get price per pound use this formula: dollars per point times meat yield = cents per pound; to get per point figure: dollars per pound divided by meat yield = dollars per point).
Prices paid to growers (Tuesday, November 3 through Thursday, November 5, 2015) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality pecans in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 49-50% meat yield (nut count 75-80) 205-210
- Desirables (deliveries light) export quality 50-52% meat yield 260-275; 47-49% meat yield (nut count 55-72) 200-230 mostly 200-210
- Elliott (deliveries very light) 48% meat yield (nut count average 74) 200-205
- Moneymakers (deliveries light) 40-43% meat yield (nut count 60-70) 130-146
- Schley (deliveries very light) 51% meat yield (nut count 60-65) 210-212
- Seedlings (deliveries light) yard tree lots 75-90
- Stuart (deliveries light) 41-42% meat yield (nut count 56-60) 160-162, yard tree lots 75-125 mostly 100-125 occasional lower
Lots in excess of 20,000 pounds including trailer load lots:
- Desirables (deliveries very light) export quality 50-54% meat yield 275-300, mostly 275-285 occasional lower