You’re invited to attend the Fisher Delta Research Field Day at the Fisher Delta Research center in Portageville, MO on September 2. Tours will begin at 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be provided.
- Session 1: 8:30 – 9:40 a.m.
- Session 2: 9:40 – 10:50 a.m.
- Session 3: 10:50 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Session 4: 12 – 1:10 p.m.
Cotton and Weed Science Tour
- Official Cotton Variety Trials – Andrea Jones
- Understanding Challenges of New Herbicide Technologies – Jim Heiser
- Stewardship of Water & Fertilizer in Irrigated Cotton – Earl Vories
- Showcasing Future Soybean Options for Delta Growers – Grover Shannon
- Developing Conventional Soybeans for Missouri Farmers – Andrew Scaboo
- Rice Variety Trials & Factors Impacting Chalkiness in Rice – Matt Rhine
- Positive Impacts of Proper Potash Management in Rice – David Dunn
Corn and Pollinator Tour
- Impacting Yield through Variable Rate Seed, Fertilizer, & Irrigation Regimes – Gene Stevens
- Managing Your Irrigation Needs Using a Smartphone App – Gene Stevens
- Reinvigorating the Missouri Bee Population through the Missouri Pollinator Conservancy Program – Moneen Jones & Bob Walters
- Take I-55 to Portageville (Exit 32).
- Continue into Portageville on Hwy. 162 and turn left onto Hwy. T (first four-way stop sign).
- Turn left on to TT and continue for 5 miles.
For more information contact the Fisher Delta Research Center at 573-379-5431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit their web site at http://delta.cafnr.org/ .