Weed Resistance Workshops will be held in four locations across the state in order to provide farmers and industry professionals with more information on identification and control of herbicide resistant weeds such as pigweeds, horseweed/marestail, chickweed, and lambsquarters.
Bill Curran, Professor of Weed Science, and Dwight Lingenfelter, Extension Associate in Weed Science, will present information on resistant weeds specific to your region.
The workshops will also address topics such as:
- Identification of Problem Species
- What are the herbicide options?
- What do the new herbicide tolerant crops bring to the table?
- What about integrated weed management (IWM)?
The workshops will be held at the following locations:
- Marion Township Fire Hall, Womelsdorf (Berks Co.) – March 17, 2015
- Lancaster County Extension Office, Lancaster – March 18, 2015
- Ag Heritage Building, Chambersburg (Franklin Co.) – March 19, 2015
- Westmoreland County Extension Office, Greensburg – March 20, 2015
Registration will begin at 8:30am with the first session to begin at 9:00am. The program will conclude at 12:00pm. One pesticide core credit, 5 pesticide category credits, and 3 Certified Crop Advisor credits will be offered.
Pre-registration is required at all locations. Registration fee is $20/person. Please register by March 10. For more information about the program, specific locations, or to register for the event, you can visit the website at this link.
For questions about a specific workshop, please contact Mena Hautau (Berks County) at 610-378-1327, Jeff Graybill (Lancaster County) at 717-394-6851, Kelly Patches (Franklin County) at 717-263-9226, or Bob Pollock (Westmoreland County) at 724-837-1402.