Texas Pecans: Trade Slow as Harvest Winds Down

    Deliveries by growers to delivery points were light. Demand was moderate for good quality pecans. Pecan quality has been variable. Harvesting has been light, and is expected to continue to slow down, as many growers across the state are completing their harvest for the season.

    Buying interest displayed by end users was fairly slow for in-shell, gift pack use, and moderate for commercial sheller use as shellers continue to utilize inventories on hand or make purchases from other production areas. Trading was fairly slow for in-shell and gift pack uses.

    The weather forecast for the balance of the week calls for low temperatures in the upper 20s to mid-50s, with highs in the mid-40s to low 80s. A 0-20 percent chance of precipitation is projected for Thursday, January 28 through Friday, January 29, a 80-100 percent chance of precipitation for Saturday, January 31, and a 10-80 percent chance of precipitation for Sunday, February 1. No precipitation is projected for the other days this week.

    Prices paid to growers from (from noon Tuesday, January 20, 2015 to noon Tuesday, January 27, 2015) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.

    • Natives yard tree lots too few to establish a market
    • Improved varieties (mostly Blends) too few to establish a market


    The Latest

    Send press releases to

    View All Events

    [ecs-list-events limit="5" key="start date" order="asc"]
    Send press releases to

    View All Events