The South Sacramento Valley Winter Almond Meeting will be held at the Stagehands Theater, Colusa County Fairgrounds in Colusa on February 5. PCA and CCA credits will be available.
Sign-in starts at 8 a.m.
The agenda includes:
- A research update on nitrogen strategies, pollinizer choices and organic options, based on work at the Nickels Soil Lab
- Weed management in almond.
- Managing navel orangeworm in the Sacramento Valley.
- Managing summer diseases in almond, including hHull rot, scab and alternaria.
- Soil sampling and analysis in nut crops.
- Ant management in almond production .
Also, a reminder: The Colusa Farm Show runs Feb 3-5 at the Colusa County Fairgrounds.