The LSU AgCenter Sweet Potato Field Day will be held Aug. 7 at the Sweet Potato Research Station in Chase, beginning with registration at 7:45 a.m.
The program will begin at 8:15. It features reports from LSU AgCenter scientists on their current research, which will include:
- -Potential for using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) in agriculture.
- -Weed management.
- -Equipment demonstration of a modified bulk harvester and vine snapper.
- -Insect research.
- -Improving foundation seed production.
- -Vegetable disease research.
- -Optimizing root development and yield potential.
- -Nematode management.
- -Sweet potato breeding program.
- -Industry updates.
- -Optimizing production practices for fresh market and processing venues.
Contact Tara Smith, research coordinator, at 318‐435‐2155 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information concerning the field day.
The Sweet Potato Research Station is located on La. Highway 15 in Chase Louisiana.