Strategies for Spring Planting Success, a training program hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Randall County, will be held April 1 at the AgriLife Extension Kuhlman Center, 200 N. Brown Road, Canyon.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the program starting at 9 a.m., according to Dr. J.D. Ragland, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Randall County.
The cost is $10, payable at the door. Those planning to attend should RSVP by March 31 to the AgriLife Extension office in Randall County at 806-468-5543.
The following topics and speakers are on the agenda:
- Pre-Watering and Its Benefits, Dr. Jourdan Bell, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Amarillo.
- What You Need to Know about the Farm Bill, Dr. Steve Amosson, AgriLife Extension economist, Amarillo.
- Planting Considerations Dryland vs. Irrigated, Dr. Calvin Trostle, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Lubbock.
- Scouting/Sampling Wheat Streak Mosaic, Jacob Price, AgriLife Research plant pathologist, Amarillo
- Key Inputs and Their Effect on Yield, Bell.
- Discussion of In-depth Result Demonstrations, Ragland.
Private pesticide applicators can earn three general Texas Agriculture Department continuing education units.